You can enroll at any time, based on what month you want to start. You can enroll in one or more courses concurrently. Enrollment in a given course will give you 12 months in which to complete that course.
Registering through UCSD Extension
You will enroll in a specific section of a course, based on the month in which you want to start. We will be offering one section per month (start any time in that month). You will register by manually entering the section ID for the course/month you want to enroll in.
Follow these directions — and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: CS Education)
- Visit: http://extension.ucsd.edu/
- Click on the Shopping Cart symbol in the top right hand corner of the home page.
- Enter the section number you want in the ‘Add a Section ID’ field and click ‘Add’ button.
- It will then show your Cart with 1 item at $660. Click on “Select Grading Option” and pick either P/NP or Letter Grade (up to you). A grade of C- or better is required to earn a P.
- If you want to enroll in another course, you can add that section number below your current cart.
- Click the box to confirm that you have read the ‘UC San Diego Extension Terms & Conditions and Student Conduct Policies’ and click ‘Checkout’
- You will be prompted to create a ‘My Extension’ account to complete your enrollment
- Take a screenshot of your final paid checkout receipt and email it to email@example.com. Dr. Simon will then get you set up with course access and additional instructions.
Section IDs for 2019
Course: Teaching Computational Thinking for Everyone (aka Computational Thinking & Block Programming in K-12 Education)
Section ID Start Month
143042 July 1 – 31
143044 August 1 – 31
143046 September 1 – 30
143093 October 1 – 31
143094 November 1 – 30
143095 December 1 – 31
Course: Teaching Computation in a Digital World (aka Teaching Impacts of Technology in K-12 Education)
Section ID Start Month
143219 July 1 – 31
143220 August 1 – 31
143221 September 1 – 30
143222 October 1 – 31
143223 November 1 – 30
143224 December 1 – 31
- What if I have already started taking (and paying) for Courses on Coursera. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: CS Education) for advice. Don’t worry, we can help get you UCSD credit even if you have already started or completed work through paying on Coursera.