Learn to teach Computer Science in K-12. These courses are designed specifically for TEACHERS and address knowledge and skills covered in the CSTA Computer Science Standards. From Impacts of Computing to Programming, to the Internet – learn not just the content but also engage with and create materials to use in your classroom. More and more states are allowing Computer Science to count for high school graduation. As of 2019, in California, it can count as a C or D requirement — more students than ever will be looking for computing courses. You can be the one to teach them!
Why Learn to Teach Computer Science?
- 58% of all new STEM jobs are ACTUALLY computing jobs — there are 500,000 current openings!
- 54% of students enjoy computer science!
- Solving the diversity problem in tech begins with equity-oriented K-12 computing courses
- Computing is foundational in today’s data-driven society — for any career path!
Why Choose This CS Education Certificate Program?
- Start any time: No waiting for the next term or year.
- Self-Paced: Don’t give up family, personal or work commitments. Work when you have time, stop when you are busy, and pick up right where you left off later.
- Apply immediately in your classroom: Don’t take courses designed for tech field workers! Learn in courses designed to meet teachers’ needs and take course experiences directly into your classroom.
- Succeed even without prior experience: Engage with constructivist learning experiences, not lecture. Learn with techniques you can use with your students. Re-engage until you are happy with your learning.
- AP CS Principles: Prepare to support students in the AP CS Principles Explore and Create Tasks.
- Pay Less: Pay $2,640 compared to online or in-person programs offered on a fixed schedule ($3,000-$8,000).